Top Navigation

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nicole + Joseph: Vintage Lace Inspired


Nicole is a friend of one my past brides. There will be more about the connection in the coming months. :) Nicole's theme has always been lace and stripes in her amazing colors - Navy and Gold. Then Martha Stewart Weddings came out with an entire article on lace at your wedding, making this theme so popular. But I wanted to do something different and suggested real lace on her invitation.
I used French Cotton lace in a wide band around the center of the invitation. The background was designed with a lacey like graphic to give the invitation more depth and character.
We knew too that we wanted lace to wrap around the inserts. I added a gold band so the lace would "pop".
Using elements of the lacey graphic, I designed this pretty oval frame set on a gold stripe background. The envelopes were designed with the same frame and the custom stamps become part of the frame graphic.
Nicole also asked if I would design an insert for her welcome party. I used a gold insert and designed it with navy blue stripes to follow the theme.

Custom maps with a vintage car for the Dearborn Inn.
And the outer envelopes, with gold liners, are printed in navy blue with the same lacey design and custom stamps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment