Top Navigation

Friday, July 11, 2008

Jackie's Amazing Letterpress Invitations












I was thrilled when Jackie contacted me. She is in one of the most expensive invitation markets in the country - New York City. She had gotten crazy outrageous quotes for custom invitations when she found me. We ended up doing one of my most lavish invitations - a complete set of letterpress invitations, with lots of custom elements.

The invitation was originally designed with black flourishes in each corner. but when Jackie saw Jody's blind debossed invitations, she loved the white on white look and she decided to change it. The look is amazing with the plumes in the corners and deep black printing. The RSVP cards are different with lines for each guest and their meal choice. Reception and Directions cards completed the letterpress pieces.

Then we added modern touches - silver RSVP envelopes with custom stamps. Sashes around the inserts that have the guest's names (this replaces the inner envelope) and I even lined them with black paper. And silver envelopes with a bold graphic and custom wedding stamps that fit perfectly into the design.

These are one of my invitations of the year that I feel shows where my company is headed. Jackie said "all the little details - that is my favorite thing about all your work. All the items are beautiful but I LOVE the little surprises like the stamps and details with the addresses and fonts :)"

0 comments:

Post a Comment