Top Navigation

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Elyn's French Postage Invitations





Elyn contacted me from Toronto to do her invitations. Elyn and Johnathan have traveled to Paris and she wanted her invitations to have a French theme. Her wedding reception is going to have a French cafe theme - complete with chalk board menus. :) We knew that the Eiffel Tower would be on the wedding invitations. The original idea was that a fleur-de-lys would be the other graphic on the pieces. But when I got the idea to do a custom postage stamp that looked like a French Air Mail stamp, I took a totally different turn. I got the idea to the invitations with a French stamp theme - different, I know. I didn't even mention it to Elyn because to hear it, the theme doesn't sound appealing. Each piece has custom postage, cancelation marks, and envelope stamps. The RSVP is completely in French and I told Elyn I might have gone too far, but they loved it. And I finally got a bride to do the symbols of a cow and a fish instead of words for a meal choice! I simply love these invitations and I'm so thrilled that I could design them for such a wonderful couple.

0 comments:

Post a Comment