Top Navigation

Monday, December 15, 2008

Another year gone buh-bye

As I completed Elyn's wedding and moved her folder from Current to Completed, I realized that yet another year has gone by. I took just a moment to look back at one of the most dynamic years of my business.

I had some of the most amazing brides this year. From the ones that would do something totally different and trust me, even though I couldn't show them the end result, to the brides that ordered something so amazing, I couldn't wait to work on it. And especially my brides that splurged on custom invitations and sent me daily emails with the response from their guests. You guys are all the reason why I do this.

Even my bridezillas and momzillas all taught me something. From them I learned patience and looked at some of my business operations and changed them for the better. I was tested to my limit this year and made it through. Thank you to each of you for proving to me that I'm doing something that I love.

This past year saw big changes for me. I took a huge plunge and had "Gourmet Invitations" service marked. Now my name is mine - all mine. :) I took another huge step to advertise - but there will be more on that in the coming weeks.

In the last year, I relyed more and more on my support team. My three assistants prove to me daily that I have no idea what I would do without them. Each will go out of their way to help me - especially when I REALLY need it. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am and I cherish them and their friendship more than I can express.

My parents, in-laws, and more importantly my husband are always there when I need it. From my mom who often does ribbons and bows and detail work, to my in-laws who graciously take my son for overnighters. And my husband who is always supporting and suffering at Chuck E. Cheese with my son so I can get some time in. To all of you, I love you.

Looking ahead 2009 looks to be just as amazing. I have so many brides, grooms and mothers that I am already working with who are proving to be even more fun than last year. I have so many "invitations" that are far from the typical invitation, I'm busting at the seams to share them with you.

It was only 5 years ago that I had stated "if I could just have one order a month, I'll be thrilled". So thank you to everyone that has ever worked with me, thought about working with me or who I'll be working with in the future. This has been the most amazing ride of my life and I'm glad you were there with me along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment