Top Navigation

Monday, August 24, 2009

Susan + Robert: Mosaic Inspired


Incredibly, this wedding is being planned in 9 weeks by Laura Davis Events. Laura contacted me immediately to see if I was able to make invitations in about 2 week's time. I do love a challenge. ;) Laura sent me the inspiration for the colors (which will be held at Shiraz in Bingham Farms, Michigan). This amazing mosaic piece with the deep rust, oranges, and reds.

When I saw the mosaic and colors, I knew that I wanted to use a ton of color. This invitation has a whopping six colors, rust brown, oranges, yellows, bright red-orange. Then I painstakingly lined up varying pieces of cardstock to form this mosaic strip across the invitation.

If that wasn't enough, I layered the RSVP card and did another mosaic strip.
Matching custom postage stamps were designed.
The yellow outer envelopes are lined with bright orange and have another mosaic custom stamp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment